- Get out and enjoy the community, find out what makes
- Respond to the welcoming efforts of others, or take
the initiative and introduce yourself to them. Invite them over for
cookies and tea.
- Contact a doctor and a dentist. Have your records
transferred. Your present doctor may be able to refer you to professionals
in the new city.
- Take your pet to a local vet.
- Contact the local post office, make sure your mail
is forwarded properly.
- Ask neighbors about door-to-door services. Find out
about trash pickup; some communities may require you to contract this
- Contact municipal offices in your new city to find
out what provisions are made for recycling and yard waste.
- Take time to decorate your home. Immediately set up
a room and decorate it so that it feels homely. This is a safe spot
to return to when you and your family is tired.
- Notify your attorney so that changes can be made to
your legal documents if necessary.
- Auto insurance may have to be modified for the new